Established in 1945, ZIM Integrated Shipping Services Ltd. is one of the world’s leading container shipping carriers, focusing on trades in select markets. ZIM operates a fleet of 80 vessels, calling over 180 ports across the world. The company shipped 2.3 million TEU containers in 2015. With a network of more than 170 offices in over 100 countries, ZIM provides creative operational and logistical solutions to customers.
ZIM offers diverse traffic and weekly cargo services in Brazil via three main operative services. Through its connections with direct call ports that are also used as distribution centers, ZIM provides exceptional service alongside access to the main destinations and origins of the Brazilian market:
- Asian market service covering China, India, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam and Philippines;
- United States East Coast direct calls;
- Connections through our Inter Americas service to United States West Coast and Gulf, Canada, Mexico, Central America, South America;
- Europe, through its Mediterranean service;
The MERCOSUR service calls at Brazil's main ports, offering a mix of frequencies and key destination calls. ZIM's consistent presence in Brazil, combined with the extensive services it offers, have turned the company into one of the most reliable in the local container shipping market.
ZIM operates a network of agencies through the various ports in Brazil:
- Santos, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Itaguai – ZIM do Brasil
- Vitoria – ZIM do Brasil and Poseidon (for operational matters)
- Itajai, Navegantes, Itapoa, Paranagua and Rio Grande – Seven Stars
- Suape and Salvador – ZIM do Brasil and Unimar (for operational matters)
See Brazil's shipping lines by port
See Brazil's shipping lines by trade