Accidents happen. We hope for the best but we must prepare for the worst. Expedient and appropriate reactions can very often prevent or reduce damages/losses to the cargo interests, carrier and even a third party involved.
If you suspect your cargo has suffered damages:
- Advise immediately your Carrier Agent in writing of the following:
It is strongly recommended to consult with your Insurers how to best proceed.
It is your obligation to take all precautions to minimize further damage/loss - please consult with your surveyor
Keep all documentation that may assist in evaluating the damage:
- Bill of Lading number, Date and Place of Issuance
- Container number
- Brief description of the alleged damage/loss
- If you or your insurers intend to nominate a surveyor to inspect the goods.
- Commercial invoices
We hope these hints prove helpful and assist you to better prevent/reduce losses.
We wish you safe and secure journeys.
- Claims, Insurance & Loss Prevention -