ZIM operates about 600,000 TEUs containers of various types.
ZIM's containers are maintained in good condition and match all safety conditions in accordance with International Containers Standards and CSC - Container Safety Convention.
Click on any of the following container types for dimensions and specifications:
|| 6,058 mm (19'101/2")
||12,192 mm (40') |
||2,438 mm (8')
||2,438 mm (8') |
||2,591 mm (8' 6")
||2,591mm (8' 6") |
|High Cube height 1
||2,896 mm (9' 6")|
Click for road weight limits
To manage its inventory, ZIM has developed sophisticated logistics systems encompassing planning, marketing, new-building, purchase and leasing, inventory control, maintenance and repair, and sale of containers.
ZIM's computerized logistics system guarantees:
- Adjustment of stock levels to the changing needs of its customers.
- Lower average age of its container fleet, which does not exceed five years.
- Continuous tracking of each container, on board or on land.
- Maintenance of the container fleet according to international standards of quality and safety.
ZIM Container Guide in PDF format
Read more:Special cargo services
, dangerous cargo
)How to ship different goods
, coffee, etc.)
* All information in this guide is general data only. The accurate max. gross Weight should be according to the container CSC plate. The dimensions and weights are based on manufacture's specifications. Tolerance factor must always be taken into account by supplier.