Update of the Ashdod Imbalance Surcharge (AIS)
Dear ZIM Customer,
In light of the continuous balancing and operational challenges at Israeli port of Ashdod, and in order to maintain our high service levels, please be advised that ZIM has decided to update the Ashdod Imbalance Surcharge (AIS) which apply on all the Import to Ashdod, as follows (*):
- $200/$260 per 20’/40’ container from Mediterranean (East + West) and Black sea ports (**)
- $200/$260 per 20’/40’ container from North Europe & Baltic / Scandinavian ports
- $200/$260 per 20’/40’ container from Far East / India Sub-Continent ports
- $200/$260 per 20’/40’ container from North America, Canada, Central America & Caribbean ports
The above shall be implemented as of March 21st, 2021 for all import trades except from North America, Canada, Central America & Caribbean ports, till further notice. For import from North America, Canada, Central America & Caribbean ports the implementation will be as of April 9th, 2021.
- Above charges are additional to the applicable base freight charge, THC, bunker charges and security and peak season surcharges (PSS) related charges which are provided in ZIM's Tariff Calculator (https://www.zim.com/tools/tariff-calculator) (U.S. trades are provided in www.boterates.com User: ZfreA6 Password: Access16!) as well as other charges for additional services, local charges and contingency charges.
- For further details kindly see our website www.zim.com or contact our local sales / customer service representative.
- For further details regarding additional commodities/ cargo types kindly contact ZIM local sales.
These measures are necessary in order to maintain our current levels of service and high reliability. Our customer service team is at your disposal for any inquiry. For further details kindly contact ZIM local sales.
ZIM Integrated Shipping
(*) These rates are unaffected by, and do not affect, any tariff notified, published or filed in accordance with local regulatory requirements. For trades subject to the US Shipping Act or the China Maritime Regulations, application is subject to the publication and effective date requirements of those statutes / regulations. Quotations or mitigation of published surcharges that vary from ZIM’s tariff shall not be binding unless included in a service contract or amendment that has been filed with the Federal Maritime Commission (“FMC”) or the Shanghai Shipping Exchange, as applicable.
(**) Russian trades are excluded. For details regarding freight and charges for Russian trades please contact the local sales/customer representative.