Update on the outbreak of Novel Coronavirus in India.
Dear Valued Customers,
In view of the Covid-19 global pandemic outbreak and the increasing cases being detected in India, it has become imperative for us to take stringent precautionary measures to ensure business continuity and to safeguard the interest of Customers/ their representatives coming to our office and for the safety of our own employees.
Our Team is monitoring the situation regularly and is committed to ensuring seamless operation even during this emergency like situation.
Meanwhile in the interest of all, ZIM offices in Mumbai and Nhava Sheva will adopt the following guidelines effective 18.03.2020 to avoid any disruption in work process. We are adopting a “work from home” for all non-essential staff to eliminate any risks and hence we urge all of you to strictly adhere to the proposed guidelines to continue offering reliable service to our Customers and to de-congest the Documentation counters, which as you would realize is extremely risky given the current outbreak.
1. Export BL and Import Delivery Order counters shall be operated as per below timing.
From 0900 hrs. till 1500 hrs. (Monday to Friday)
2. All payments as applicable shall have to be mandatorily paid by Customer minimum 12 working hours in advance prior customer’s representative arriving at our office for BL release / Import Do issuance, so as to ensure sufficient time for confirmation of receipt of such amounts.
3. Payments can be submitted thru NEFT/RTGS/ODex.
4. As a policy, we shall not be accepting any cheque payments at the counter for non-credit Customers to expedite the turnaround times at the counter. In case Customers have pre-approved credits with Post dated cheque options, same shall be honored.
5. Additionally, you are requested to check with our Finance team for any payment queries or for any previous outstanding details for which the document release maybe affected. You can write to us on FIN@STARSHIP-BOM.ZIM.COM or call Ruta - 8657598863 / Hemant - 797780862.
6. We request all relevant Customers to avail the option of Print BL for all ZIM shipments. You can write to us at email@example.com for completing the formalities for commencement of such Print BL option at Customer premises whereby your representative need not come to our office for obtaining the BLs.
7. Additionally, we have also arranged for the facility to upload the export shipping bill copies in ODex. Kindly write to firstname.lastname@example.org for the procedure to be followed to upload in ODex if you wish to avail this option.
8. For Imports, we urge and request you to avail the Electronic Import DO option so that we can minimize the number of visitors attending our office to collect the Import DO.
Below are the precautions that will be taken by us to safeguard the health and safety of all our esteemed Customers
- All Customer’s representatives MUST wear a mask when coming to our office, else shall not be allowed to enter the office
- All Customer’s representatives shall be checked at the entrance (Ground Floor) prior letting them into our office and token nos. shall be issued in batches.If they are found to be unwell, then they will not be allowed to enter the office.
- We shall be allowing Customers representatives in batches of max. 10 customers at a time for Export BL release / Import DO issuance respectively. The next set of 10 customers will be allowed after the first set of 10 customers have received their documents. Should any Customer not make the payment in advance, we shall be constrained to refuse issuance of document and the Customer shall be asked to leave and return only when the payment is done. We shall not allow anyone to wait inside our office premises. This is to ensure that we maintain safe distance between each individual at the counters.
We assure you that we shall continue to monitor the situation in the coming days and shall re-assess as required to continue to improve our processes.
Looking forward to your kind understanding during such emergency period and thank you for continued support
ZIM Customer Service
*Arrival times may be subject to changes and cannot be guaranteed by the carrier, as also indicated in the Bill of lading Terms and Conditions.