EBS (Emergency Bunker Surcharge) Cross Atlantic
Dear ZIM Customer,
In light of the strong increases in bunker prices and in order to continue our good and reliable service, we would like to advise that it has been decided to implement an adjusted EBS (Emergency Bunker Surcharge) for the trades:
Between the Mediterranean and North America & Central America & Caribbean base ports (except Canadian export), as follows:
- 45 USD per TEU on all cargo (except reefers)
- 63 USD per TEU on reefer cargo
From Canada to Mediterranean base ports, as follows:
- 235 USD per TEU on all cargo (except reefers)
- 250 USD per TEU on reefer cargo
The above EBS charge shall be implemented as of July 1st, 2018, till further notice.
- Above EBS charge is additional to the applicable base freight charge, THC, bunker charges and security and PSS related charges which are provided in www.boterates.com User: ZfreA6 Password: Access16! as well as other charges for additional services, local charges and contingency charges.
- For further details kindly see our website zim.com or contact our local sales / customer service representative.
These measures are necessary in order to maintain our current levels of service and high reliability.
Our customer service team is at your disposal for any inquiry.
ZIM Customer Service
* These rates are unaffected by, and do not affect, any tariff notified, published or filed in accordance with local regulatory requirements. For trades subject to the US Shipping Act or the China Maritime Regulations, application is subject to the publication and effective date requirements of those statutes / regulations. Quotations or mitigation of published surcharges that vary from ZIM’s tariff shall not be binding unless included in a service contract or amendment that has been filed with the Federal Maritime Commission (“FMC”) or the Shanghai Shipping Exchange, as applicable.
** Russian trades are excluded. For details regarding freight and charges for Russian trades please contact the local sales/customer representative;