Demurrage and Freight Disputes
ZIM American Integrated Shipping Services LLC Detention, Demurrage and Freight Disputes
What is considered a Dispute:
- Customer inquiries / complaints asserting billing errors on Freight and / or charges (Bill of Lading)
- Incorrect application of Free Time and/or rates
Please send your dispute via email to:
- Freight, Detention, Rail, Per Diem “out of the port” and Chassis disputes - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Demurrage “In the Port” - email@example.com
Information required to process disputes:
- The attached Customer Dispute Checklist identifies all documents and information required to process your dispute.
- All disputes request should be submitted with completed dispute checklist; otherwise no action will be taken until required information is provided.
Please note that all Freight, Detention and Demurrage disputes must be submitted within the dispute period in accordance to ZIM’s published tariff.
On the Tariff: (14 calendar days from invoice receipt date).
*Arrival times may be subject to changes and cannot be guaranteed by the carrier, as also indicated in the Bill of lading Terms and Conditions.