eZ Quote Terms and Conditions
Purpose and Applicability: These terms and conditions herein apply specifically to the spot booking services (“Spot Services”) provided by ZIM Integrated Shipping Services Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “ZIM”) in connection with the booking of Goods/cargo transportation by ZIM via the eZ Quote online platform.
- A Client shall register to eZ Quote subject to the Terms and Conditions for ZIM Online Registration and Booking which can be found at https://www.zim.com/help/terms-and-conditions-for-zim-online-registration-and-booking. Transportation services and/or rates offered via eZ Quote are independent of, neither affect or are affected by, supersede, and/or replace services and rates set forth in Service Contracts or any other agreement between ZIM and any Customer.
Spot Booking Request: a request from a Client for the provision of any Spot Service(s) by the Carrier (including the ZEX Service Booking Requests), including without limitation the request for transportation schedules, delivery/shipping specifics and/or requirements
Booking Confirmation: positive or negative confirmation of the Spot Booking Request. With respect to ZEX Service Booking Requests, the Booking Confirmation shall include a Guaranteed Delivery Date.
Booking: A Booking Request that has been confirmed.
Carrier: shall mean ZIM or any third party providing transportation services on its behalf, as the case may be and/or as further specified below.
Client: shall mean any shipper, freight forwarder, consignor, booking party or any third party acting on their behalf, as the case may be, requesting the provision of any of the Services, as defined herein.
Customer: shall mean any consignee, any receiver of any Goods, any party claiming possession of any Goods transported by the Carrier, or any third party acting on behalf of such consignee or receiver or claimant of Goods.
Force Majeure Event: for the purpose of these terms and conditions shall mean an exceptional event or circumstance (i) which is beyond a Party’s reasonable control, (ii) which such Party could not reasonably have provided against before entering into a contract with the Carrier or any third party on its behalf or, vice versa, (iii) which once occurred, such Party could not have reasonably avoided or overcome and (iv) which is not substantially attributable to the other Party. A force Majeure Event may include the events listed below so long as conditions (i)-(iv) above are satisfied: natural catastrophes such as: earthquakes, hurricane, typhoon, volcanic activity, national epidemic or pandemic, war, civil commotion, strike, boycott, embargo, riot, lockout, terrorism or sabotage, political ban, port congestion which is anticipated to cause delay of more than 72 hour, civil unrests, commercial stoppages, etc.
Goods: shall mean all types of goods or articles constituting a cargo, whether or not stuffed in a container, which the Carrier is requested to transport from one place to another.
Guaranteed Delivery Date: a specific delivery date on which Carrier guarantees that the Merchant’s shipment shall be made available at the port of destination identified on the Bill of Lading.
Party: shall mean either the Client, Merchant, or the Carrier.
Spot Services: shall mean cargo transportation services (whether by land or by sea) intended for a specific ship with a specific departure date from the port of origin, which may include the loading or unloading of cargo, packing or stuffing of cargo in containers, container leasing services, documentation issuance services (e.g. bill of lading, packing lists etc.), customs clearance services and any other manifested services provided by the Carrier or any third party on its behalf.
Spot Rates: shall mean the total rates (including all rates, charges, surcharges, etc.) applied to a Spot Booking Request excluding rates for the ZEX Service.
ZEX Service Spot Rates: shall mean the total rates (including all rates charges, surcharges, etc.) applied to a ZEX Service Spot Booking Request.
eZQuote: shall mean a digital platform operated by ZIM or any other third party on ZIM’s behalf, for the purpose of providing Clients and Customers with Carrier Information relating to spot bookings, Spot Services (including Spot Services for the ZEX Service/line), or other proprietary information.
ZEX Service/ Line: shall mean ZIM E-Commerce Express Service routed through Asian ports serviced by this line, with specific final destinations in the U.S..
Terms which are not defined herein, may be found in the Terms and Conditions for ZIM Online Registration and Booking at https://www.zim.com/help/terms-and-conditions-for-zim-online-registration-and-booking.
- Conditions for Spot Booking Confirmation
- Once a Spot Booking Request has been submitted to the Carrier or any third party on its behalf, subject to ship availability, the Client will receive a Booking Confirmation which shall include the specific date, ship and hour of departure from the point of origin.
- The cargo approved for shipping under the spot booking terms and conditions and to which the Spot Rates or ZEX Service Spot Rates shall apply (as applicable), shall be specified in the booking confirmation and subject to the conditions set out in Section 4 below.
- In the event of cargo to be shipped to or from the US, a service agreement in the form as appears in Appendix A attached hereto shall be filed with the FMC, by the Carrier, on behalf of the Client, in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations in respect thereto.
- Spot Booking for ZEX Services: Notwithstanding anything to the contrary hereinabove, cargo for ZEX Service must be identified as such at the time of Booking.
Upon the establishment of a booking, the Client shall be deemed a “Merchant”.
- Conditions for Spot Rate price guarantee:
- The rates for Spot Services are published on www.ezquote.zim.com and updated on a regular basis.
- Spot Rates and ZEX Service Spot Rates are guaranteed and not subject to change subject to the following conditions: (i) container and/or space availability, (ii) Booking Confirmation is received and (iii) shipping instructions are uploaded in strict accordance with the Booking Confirmation specifics. Any deviation in the shipping instructions from the information submitted in the Booking Request may incur additional charges
- Rates and terms offered through eZ Quote for Spot Services, may differ from the general rates and/or terms offered by the Carrier for the same type of trade or shipping route when booking through an agent, a ZIM representative or through any other online platform.
- For the sake of clarification, the Spot Rates and ZEX Service Spot Rates obtained through eZ Quote, are valid strictly under the terms and conditions set for herein and are not subject to any contractual agreement between the Client and the Carrier or any third party on its behalf .
- The Spot Rates shall apply only to dry non-hazardous cargo types (“Standard Cargo”) and do not apply to other cargo types including without limitation: reefers, special cargo, non-dry or hazardous cargo.
- Standard Cargo shall bear the maximal weight as specified below. In the event the weight of the Goods or cargo delivered to the Carrier exceeds the maximal weight, the Merchant shall be charged with an overweight fee, per container (“Overweight Fee”), as follows:
Cross Suez Trade:
Overweight Fee for
20 tons – 24 tons
24 tons – 27 tons =
Over 27 tons
Intra Asia Trade :
Overweight Fee for
More than 18 Tons
Trans pacific Trade (including the ZEX Service):
<< to US >>
Overweight Fee for
<< to Canada >>
Overweight Fee for
- With respect to the ZEX Service the following additional conditions must be complied with in order for the ZEX Service Carrier guarantees to become binding:
- The cargo must be pre-cleared through U.S. Customs prior to vessel arrival at the port of discharge;
- Freight and other charges must be pre-paid prior to the arrival at the point of discharge or, credit must be established with the Carrier, by the responsible party in advance;
- The entire shipment and all required documentation (including Original Bills of Lading), must be tendered to the Carrier at the Carrier’s appointed terminal facility at the port of discharge prior to the last ‘gate-in’ time schedule for the vessel booked by the Client;
- Except as otherwise provided herein, Spot Rates shall not include respective local charges. Such local charges may include, without limitation, documentation fees, land transportation, demurrage, detention, etc. These charges are determined per country and may be found at https://www.zim.com/tools/local-charges.
- Merchant Commitments:
- The Merchant Undertakes to deliver the Goods strictly in accordance with the Booking Confirmation specifics.
- In the event the Merchant:
- Requests to amend the booking in any way, then subject to space availability, the Spot Rates shall be re-issued and the Merchant shall be charged with a booking modification fee (“Amendment Fee”);
- Cancels the shipment of the designated Goods in whole or in part after a Spot Booking Request has been submitted by it to the Carrier or anyone on its behalf, the Merchant shall be charged with a cancellation fee (“Cancellation Fee”);
- Fails to provide the Carrier with a cancellation notice or, fails to deliver the Goods for shipment in whole or in part for any reason (including not complying with the ‘gate in’ timeframes), then the Merchant shall be charged with a no-show fee (“No-Show Fee”).
- With respect to the ZEX Service: In the event the Merchant requests to amend the booking in any way (subject to space availability), cancels the shipment in whole or in part for any reason, fails to provide the Carrier with a cancellation notice or, fails to deliver the Goods in whole or in part for any reason (including not complying with the ‘gate in’ timeframes), then the Merchant shall be charged with a ZEX modification Fee (“ZEX Modification Fee”).
- The applicable Amendment, Cancellation, and/or No-Show Fees, per container, are as follows:
Fees for Amendment, Cancellation, no Show for all Services other than ZEX Services
GSL not IA -
Far-East to Australia,
Far East to India sub-continent
Far- East to Africa
no show fee
ZEX Booking Amendment, Cancellation, or No-Show
20 DRY/NOR , 40 DRY/40 HDRY/40 NOR
6 days or more prior to the Asian port of origin ‘gate in’ deadline
3-5 days prior to the Asian port of origin ‘gate in’ deadline
Less than 3 days days prior to the Asian port of origin ‘gate in’ deadline
Booking no show or the delivery for shipment of any number of containers that is lesser that the Booking Confirmation specifics
Full payment for shipment
ZEX Compensation Fee
15% of the of the freight charged, excluding all surcharges, local or accessorial charges
- Carrier Commitments:
- The Carrier shall comply with the shipping details as specified in the Booking Confirmation, provided that (i) the goods to be shipped are fully compliant with the cargo declarations in the Spot Booking Request and (ii) the designated vessel calls at the port of origin desired by the Merchant and/or departs on the designated departure date (“DDD”).
- In the event the designated vessel is delayed for any reason, the Merchant’s Goods shall be loaded on the next available ship or dispatched at the earliest opportunity, subject to a written notification to the Merchant.
- In the event the Goods are not compliant with the information provided in the Spot Booking Request, either with respect to description, content or weight, Carrier in its sole discretion may refuse to load and/or ship the Goods and/or apply an Overweight Fee. In any case, in the event the weight of the cargo delivered to the port exceeds the maximal capacity of the respective container, Carrier shall be exempt from any obligation to accept and/or ship said cargo and Merchant shall remove cargo from the port, depot or respective container storage area at its sole cost and/or expense. In such event, Merchant shall not be entitled to any compensation or fee whatsoever from the Carrier or anyone on its behalf.
- In the event Goods (other than ZEX Service Goods) are not shipped by the Carrier within 3 (three) days from the DDD for reasons within its reasonable control, the Carrier shall pay the Merchant compensation, per container not shipped at its intended departure date (“Compensation Fee”), in the amounts that appear in Clause 5c(i) above.
- With respect to the ZEX Service, in the event Carrier fails to deliver the Goods on a Guaranteed Delivery Date for reasons within its reasonable control, Carrier shall be compensate the Merchant (“ZEX Compensation Fee”) in the amount as appears in Clause 5c(ii) above. For the avoidance of doubt, the ZEX Compensation Fee shall be the sole and exclusive remedy for failure of the Carrier to meet the Guaranteed Delivery Date deadline. Carrier shall not be liable for any incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages with respect thereto and Merchant waives and additional claim or demand for any remedy for the late delivery of the Goods, upon claiming the ZEX Compensation Fee.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the Merchant shall not be entitled for compensation by way of a Compensation Fee or ZEX Compensation Fee in the event of any default, act or omission of the Merchant or any third Party on its behalf, including without limitation: (i) partial provision or non-provision of required documents, (ii) false declarations (including non-compliance with container weight limitations or cargo restrictions), (iii) late gate-in of Goods at the Port.
- Notwithstanding anything to contrary herein, no compensation of any kind shall be due to the Merchant in the event the Carrier fails to ship the Goods in whole or in part on the DDD or within 3 (three) days therefrom and/or fails to deliver the Goods on the Guaranteed Delivery Date, due to an event of Force Majeure or due to operational reasons beyond the reasonable control of the Carrier.
- Payment of Penalties and Shipping Charges and Fees
- Carrier in its sole discretion may designate a third party to handle collections on its behalf and Merchant hereby acknowledges and agrees, that in such event and subject to a written notification issued by Carrier to Merchant, Merchant shall execute all payments due to Carrier to its designated third party collector.
- Merchant hereby undertakes that in the event it shall be charged with an Amendment Fee, a Cancellation Fee, a No-Show Fee, or ZEX Modification Fee, the payment of such charges to the Carrier shall be within 15 (fifteen) days from the issuance of a respective invoice by the Carrier or any third party on its behalf, unless an alternative payment date is agreed in writing between Merchant and Carrier (“Payment Due Date”). Any delay in payment of any of said penalties beyond an period of 7 (seven) days of the date any such payment is due, shall incur an interest in an amount of 5% per annum, which shall be calculated from the Payment Due Date to the date the respective fee was actually paid.
- The Carrier hereby undertakes to pay to the Merchant any Compensation Fee or ZEX Compensation Fee due to said Merchant, within 30 (thirty) days from the date such fee is established or from the date required proof is provided (as applicable), upon the later thereof, unless it is agreed in writing between the Carrier and the Merchant the such fee shall be set off against charges and fees to be paid by the Merchant to the Carrier in connection with the Spot Services provided by the Carrier. Proof relating to the guaranteed delivery dates and times shall be provided to the Carrier within 30 days from the original guaranteed delivery date.
- Merchant shall pay any fees or charges other than the ones mentioned in Clause 5 above, applicable to the Spot Services, within the timeframes and in the amounts specified when a Spot Booking is made, or as otherwise advised by or agreed with the Carrier, without any set-off or deduction.
- For the sake of clarification and the avoidance of doubt, regardless of any payment assignment requested by the Client (or consignor), the Client shall remain fully liable and responsible for any Booking related payment obligations.
- ZIM, may in whole or in part, limit, suspend or terminate the Merchant’s Registered User access to eZ Quote and/or the provision of the Spot Services, as the case may be, as follows:
- For any reason, following 14 days’ prior written notification;
- Upon giving a written notice with immediate effect, in case: (i) the Merchant fails to make any payment within the timeframes specified in Section 7 above and such failure is not remedied to the Carrier’s satisfaction, (ii) the Merchant or any User on its behalf is in material or ongoing breach of any provision of these Terms and Conditions and if curable, fails to cure such breach within 10 days of written notification from ZIM, (iii) Merchant’s assets or business are under receivership, has initiated a bankruptcy procedure, has initiated or intends to initiate processes of winding up, liquidation or dissolution of its business affairs; and/or
- For reasons of scheduled or unscheduled maintenance, debugging or other error corrections operations. In such event ZIM shall make reasonable efforts to give advance notice as to the interruption or suspension of use of eZ Quote, via the website.
- Termination of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect any rights and remedies accrued by any Party up until the date of termination. Nor shall if affect any rights or obligations that are intended to continue after the termination.
- Force Majeure
In the event a party is or will be prevented from performing its obligations hereunder due to a Force Majeure Event (as defined above), such Party shall be excused from the performance of the respective obligations that cannot be fulfilled for so long as the Force Majeure Event prevents it from performing said obligations provided that (i) the other Party was notified as soon as possible of the occurrence of any Force Majeure Event and no later than 3 (three) days following such occurrence, (ii) the notifying Party has taken and will take all measures to prevent, restrict or minimize any delays in the fulfillment of the contractual obligations and/or any loss or damage due to such Force Majeure Event and (iii) the notifying Party provides all related information reasonably requested by the other Party. If the Force Majeure Event so notified by the affected Party shall continue for a period of more than 7 consecutive days, it shall entitle either Party to cancel the Spot Booking with immediate effect and without penalties.
- Upon accepting a Booking Confirmation for a Spot Booking Request, you hereby confirm that you have read and that you agree with the Terms and Conditions for ZIM Online Registration and Booking which can be found at https://www.zim.com/help/terms-and-conditions-for-zim-online-registration-and-booking and the respective terms of carriage found at: https://www.zim.com/help/bl-terms-and-conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall co-exist with the online registration and booking terms and conditions and the Carrier’s policies and conditions of carriage and shall amend or supplement the relevant parts of each document, as the case may be.
- Any provisions relating to the contractual relationship between the Client, Merchant or Consignee (as the case may be) and the Carrier not covered by these eZ Quote Terms and Conditions, shall be covered by the Terms and Conditions for ZIM Online Registration and Booking found at https://www.zim.com/help/terms-and-conditions-for-zim-online-registration-and-booking.
- These Terms and Conditions prevail over and supersede any prior agreements, communications and representations with respect to the Spot Services and in the event of any discrepancy or conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the Terms and Conditions for ZIM Online Registration and Booking or any other booking or shipping terms and conditions (solely with respect to Spot Booking, ZEX Service Spot Booking or Spot Services), the Terms and Conditions herein shall prevail.
- ZIM may at its sole discretion and at any time amend, modify or replace these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. You are expected to periodically check these Terms and Conditions and take note of changes that affect You.
- In the event any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall become void, illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be modified so as to make it valid and enforceable. In any event, each of the provisions in the Terms and Conditions shall be deemed severable so as not to affect the remainder in any way.
Service Contract No. ZSxxxxxx CUCC: xxxxxx
Organization No. 019210 Essential Terms No. ZIMU-151
FMC File No. xxxxxx
This Service Contract (“Contract”) is entered into between ZIM Integrated Shipping Services, Ltd. (referred to as “Carrier”) and Merchant Name (“Merchant”) for services available under Carrier’s eZ Quote program; the parties hereby mutually agree to the rates, terms and related conditions set forth at Carrier’s eZ Quote webpage https://www.zim.com/help/terms-and-conditions-for-ez-quote. In witness whereof, the parties have executed this Contract through their duly authorized representatives as of the date(s) set forth below.
Merchant certifies its status as Beneficial Owner of the Cargo/ Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier (FMC No.___)/ Other (Specify) ______________ [ Fill in as applicable] in accordance with 46 C.F.R. §530.6.
GOVERNING TARIFFS. Cargo moving under this Contract shall be subject to all charges, rules and conditions as are published in and effective under the relevant and applicable governing Tariff(s) in effect on the date the cargo is received for shipment by the Carrier or its designated agent. Shipments tendered and carried under this Contract shall also be subject to the provisions of Carrier’s Bill of Lading presently on file with the (U.S.) Federal Maritime Commission.
TERM. This Contract shall be effective for a period of one (1) year from the date of execution by Merchant.
SCOPE. This contract covers shipments tendered by Merchant for transport from Origins and / or loading ports to Destinations and / or delivery ports and for those Commodities identified in Annex 1 attached hereto.
MINIMUM QUANTITY COMMITMENT. Merchant agrees to tender a minimum of TEU of cargo to Carrier for shipment hereunder; Carrier agrees to make available vessel capacity adequate to carry said minimum quantity.
NOTE: Merchant acknowledges that the cargo moving under this Contract shall be credited only against the foregoing MQC, whether or not Merchant holds another Service Contract with Carrier.
INCORPORATION OF TERMS. The Terms and Conditions for eZ Quote, published at https://www.zim.com/help/terms-and-conditions-for-ez-quote and agreed to by Merchant in a separate instrument, are incorporated into and constitute a part of this agreement.
ZIM Integrated Shipping Services Ltd. [Merchant Name]
[Authorized Signatory / Title] [Authorized Signatory / Title]
ORIGINS / DESTINATIONS / COMMODITIES / FREIGHT RATES