Black Sea regional situation - 11th update
Dear Valued Customer,
We would like to share the following updates concerning our services in the Black Sea region:
• Import service to Ukraine will be opened effective immediately via various gateways, including Romania, Bulgaria, Turkiye, Slovenia, Italia, Germany and Poland.
• The import service will be under CY-CY B/L, which must have an indication “In transit to Ukraine” on the BL, while transit to Ukraine will be under customer’s responsibility and cost (merchant haulage) only.
• Any freight collect shipments need to be approved by Ukraine agency. There is no possibility for freight collect in Ukraine for Reefer shipments.
• Effective of August 25th, for new bookings only, the deposit fee has been reduced to $5,000 for Dry container and $16,000 for Reefer container.
• The deposit fee will be collected prior to releasing the shipment and will be refunded upon container return to ZIM’s possession at an authorized depot, subject to written confirmation by the Ukraine agency.
• Equipment Insurance for export shipments will be under the responsibility and cost of the customer (Merchant).
• Empty drop-off will be accepted only at the designated depots in Ukraine, subject to a drop-off fee. For additional details regarding Empty drop-off, please approach the below contacts:
- UA Import: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UA Equipment: email@example.com
Additional information regarding country regulations according to the different PODs can be found on our website.
ZIM Customer Service