Detention, Demurrage, and Freight Dispute Resolution Guidance
ZIM American Integrated Shipping Services LLC
Defining a Dispute
The following issues are subject to resolution through the Dispute Process:
- Errors in Freight Rates and/or other charges invoiced for transportation
- Errors in application of Demurrage or Detention Free Time or daily charges/rates
To submit your dispute please press the below link, provide all the information and documents required and press the “Create Dispute” button.
Please note, you will be able to submit your dispute to the below relevant Email including complete checklist, through May 31. As of June 1st all disputes should be submitted only through the above link.
- Import & Export Freight, Detention, and Rail Demurrage send to: email@example.com
- Import Demurrage (in the Port only) send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Export Demurrage (in the Port only) send to: email@example.com
The Customer Dispute Checklist form is attached below for your reference.
All disputes must be received by ZIM within 30 days from date of invoice; any disputes received thereafter will be rejected as Time Barred.
Please ensure that you provide all the information and documents identified for your specific dispute type (i.e.; Freight, demurrage and detention) on the Dispute Form submission page. Until all required documents are submitted to ZIM, your Dispute will not be considered “received” and no action will be taken.
Our goal is to provide resolution of your dispute as quickly as possible. Please note that all disputes are different and time required to reach resolution is directly related to the complexity of the Dispute.